NORDIC hypoPARA ORGANISATION is an offficial registered patient driven non-profit alliance for patients with the disease Hypoparathyroidism, and their close relatives in Norway. Interested professionals may also become associated members. It was founded and officially registered on November 24th, 2005. Our Organisation number is: NO 988 978 787
We are the Umbrella Organisation for the two Official National Organisations in Denmark and Sweden.
OUR ORGANISATION PROPOSES TO PROMOTE ACTIVITIES IN FAVOR OF:
• Access to information and support for members with the disease.
• Increasing contact between members with this rare disorder.
• Offering information and advice through our website, social networks and telephone helpline.
• Cooperation with our medical consultants.
• Raising public, government and medical awareness of the disease.
• Campaigning for national guidelines, better treatment and clinical trials.
• Promoting and following clinical research and the exchange of good medical practices.
We are approved to apply for official operating grants for disabled Organizations through the Norwegian Directorate for Children, Youth and Family Affairs and to apply for funds through the Norwegian ExtraFoundation for Health and Rehabilitation.
NORDIC hypoPARA ORGANISATION is a member of EURORDIS (Rare Diseases Europe) since 2006.